In my argument essay, I discussed the detrimental consequences of the anonymous gossip website, Juicy Campus. On the website, users anonymously discuss provocative and insulting topics regarding their peers. Numerous universities are currently dealing with this issue, as abusive comments are having serious consequences on individuals. TCU has decided not to ban the site, but to encourage users to stop visiting the site. This is where I stand on the issue, and I think it is important for people to understand the harm they are putting on those who are discussed on the site.
I have decided to use a poster/sign as the medium for my rhetorical revision. I believe that the sign needs to be posted around the campus of TCU in places where students will constantly see it. This should direct the issue to my intended audience of college students, especially those at TCU. The posters could be posted around campus in dorms, inside the library, and around the Student Center.
I will make changes as I turn my argument into a visual aid for mainstream culture. I plan on including a picture of college students using Juicy Campus on one side of the poster, and a picture of an individual who was affected by something said about her on the site. This individual will be hurt and upset, and hopefully I can portray this with light colors. I will use solid and firm colors, such as red and black, on the picture of the students who are using Juicy Campus to show the negativity of the site. These visual appeals will hopefully call for the audience to think about this site and discourage use. I want people who do use the site to realize the harm they are causing on their peers and how they would not want their own names posted on the site. I believe that these changes will help spread my argument throughout the campus and will hopefully encourage people to stop visiting the site.
1 comment:
hi! :)
Post a Comment