Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I believe that I can learn to write well

I believe that I can learn to write well because faith in yourself is the most significant element to success. I have always had somewhat of a fear that I am unable to write well, but every time I believe in myself I always seem to perform better than if I had begun with a negative attitude. Whenever I used to say that I thought something negative was going to happen, my mom would always tell me, "if you picture yourself performing well, you will." Sure enough, my mom was right as mothers seem to always be. I found her theory to be true constantly in everyday life, and I even see myself saying the same thing to friends for encouragement. In my high school theater class, I used to get to nervous before performing a monologue and picture myself immediately going blank or forgetting a line on stage. I realized how much it helped to imagine myself on stage performing the piece perfectly without messing up. During cheerleading I began to imagine myself tumbling and being the flyer on top of the stunt smiling and not falling. Rather than becoming anxious and nervous before taking a test, I realized that I had studied for hours and I knew the material front and back. I now go into tests excited to show the material I have learned. Faith began to be an important theme in my life, and it allows me to be confident in anything I attempt.
With this being said, faith is important to me in my writing because a lot of the time I do not feel confident when I write because I think that I can always do better. Whenever these negative thoughts come into my head, I try to transfer them to positive and motivating thoughts. I realize that I can do better, and I will. Writing is a process and if you believe that you can write well and you imagine a strong, powerful paper as the final product, the writing is more than likely to be better than you think. I believe that I can learn to write well, and I believe that the more I practice and the more faith I have, the better writer I will become.

No comments: