Researching for my topic of the social websites of Facebook and Myspace was not extremely difficult, but finding articles pertaining exactly to what I am writing about was a little tricky. Researching in depth allowed me to tighten my topic of Facebook and Myspace and communication to more about the safety of these websites. The information provided in class was extremely beneficial in my research, and the resources we were told to use were definitely the most useful for our essays. The sites were for the most part simple to use, but I just had a problem with narrowing down my topic. I would get many articles and such that had nothing to do with what I am going to be writing about. The full text was also very helpful as well as the way in which it leads you to find a full text version when it is not available on the certain site you are on.
I really enjoyed researching on Academic Search Complete because it gave me the most pertinent sources to my topic. There were, however, some sources that I thought would be perfect to use for research, but I was unable to find the full text or where to find it. However, as I continued to use the resources provided by our TCU Library, I found the researching to become easier as I got the hang of how it all worked. All in all, my experience researching for the first time at the TCU Library online was very helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment