Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Research Essay Topic
The topic I chose to write about for my research essay is Facebook and MySpace and their influence on our personal lives. As I continue to research, I might narrow the topic. My question is how do Facebook and MySpace affect communication among people today, compared to communication when there were no such things? Are these internet websites safe, and can we actually trust everything we see on these online sites? I believe that this is a researchable question because it is does not cover too much. However, as I continue my research I might decide to narrow my topic a bit more. It raises more questions, such as the question of internet safety as well as technology's influence on relationships. People are also getting in trouble with their school, jobs, sororities and fraternities because of Facebook and MySpace. I am interested in this topic because as a user of Facebook, I feel like there is so much information about us that we think is kept private, yet we are unaware of what can really be found. People have started to develop relationships and meet people through these new technologies, and I am curious to explore their true effect on our lives and communication with others. I feel that Facebook has somewhat altered my life, and I want to discover how to use these technologies in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This sounds like a really interesting topic. Depending on the direction your research is taking, it sounds like you already realize that you may need to narrow things down. The focus you seem to have emerging on privacy, whether for safety or for your reputation at school, work, etc. sounds like a great direction for your work.
Post a Comment